Monday, May 5, 2014

Underground Hip Hop Artist - Cory Grant 5/5/14

Cwepz’s avatar
Cory Grant//18//Orcutt//CA
This image displayed is a personal drawing of Grant's and a representation
of his crew Adolescents Featuring Greg Pickleweed (Beats producer).

  Cory Grant is a local rap artist from Orcutt, CA that I have recently come across. Known as CWEPZ to the underground, Grant has been rapping since 6th grade and continues to make music up until this day. This young musician claims "I don't have a favorite artist I listen to right now because I've just been listening to a lot of my own stuff for tune ups and perfection." Grant primarily works with his good friends JP, Gruga and Jsilva; all of which are also heavily involved in the underground hip hop community. As I was talking to Grant, I asked him "What does self expression mean to you?" Grant replied with: "Self expression is a key thing in life. Music has really helped me find myself and my purpose."  
His favorite quote includes: " A smart man looks like a mad man to a dumb man." As we continued to talk I was able to really understand Cory not just as an up and coming musician but as a person as well. Immediately you can just sense the determination and passion that this young man has for his cause which is to create music essentially. Within 5 years Grant plans to be living the life that he says "I was meant to since I was kid." Although his high school career is coming to an end, Grant plans to attend college where he will eventually be able to acquire the skills in business and investment. Basically gaining a better understanding for the art of smart financial spreading. 


GLAD TO BE OUTTA ORCUTT! - CWEPZ

SELF EXPRESSION IS A KEY THING IN LIFE. MUSIC HAS REALLY HELPED ME FIND MYSELF AND MY PURPOSE - CWEPZ


No comments:

Post a Comment